Naturopaths often recommend certain leafy green veggies like watercress, kale, and rocket to stimulate sluggish digestion. I’ve used rocket this time, but you could really substitute in any of your favourites. I also avoided any high-FODMAP ingredients, meaning that this gut-loving recipe is suitable for most sensitive tummies. Of course, it’s supercharged with Thompson’s Hemp Seed Oil for omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 fats. Enjoy!
Serves two as a main (full serve) or four as a side. Each full serve delivering 250kcal, 9g protein, 18g fat, and 8g carbohydrates (6g of which is sugar).
60g baby rocket
1 zucchini, thickly sliced
14 asparagus spears, trimmed
100g snow peas, trimmed
50g pea sprouts
4 spring onions, green part only, thinly sliced
½ avocado, peeled and sliced
handful mint, roughly chopped
handful dill, roughly chopped
handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
juice of ½ lemon
2 tsp Thompson’s hemp seed oil
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp ground cumin
sea salt and black pepper, to taste
pinch Thompson’s hemp seeds, to serve
1) Combine the snow peas, asparagus, and zucchini slices in a bowl with the olive oil. Combine well with your hands to coat, then lay out evenly over a baking tray.
2) Grill for 3-4 minutes under a medium-high grill, or until lightly charred. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
3) In a salad bowl, combine your rocket with the grilled vegetables, sprouts, spring onions, mint, dill, and parsley.
4) In a small jar or bowl, combine the Thompson’s Hhemp Sseed Ooil with the lemon juice and cumin.
5) Pour dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
6) Top with avocado slices, then sprinkle with Thompson’s hemp seeds prior to serving.
This recipe was produced for Thompson’s Nutrition using their new hemp food range, now available to sample at pharmacies and health foods stores. Click here to learn more about #healthyhemp.